I want to create a granite tile design in blender. But I dont know how to get the white dot like pattern on my mesh ( like in the picture attached).
Using this texture (https://freepbr.com/materials/polished-granite-top-pbr-material/) and this node configuration
you can get something like this (you'll need some minor fix, but feel free to try and comment this answer to get further support)
- Texture coordinate: this node is useful to tell how the texture should be placed on the mesh (UV setting refers to how the mesh is unwrap in 2d)
- mapping: this node is used to scale the texture, rotate or move it
- texture image: you choose the image you want to use to "colorize" the mesh
- color ramp: this is used here only cause the original texture is white with black dots and you need black texture with white dots. You can control black and white stops to find best results
- principled BSDF: this is a shader that contains some attributes to tell blender engine how to render the "colors"
- material output: this is mandatory node used to tell Blender that all the settings are applied to the surface of the object