Im relatively new in blender and Im trying to create a mesh from a heightmap (grey scale image of 16 bits) in blender (2.8), and everything appears to be fine but there is a lot of places when i see some weird effect over the surface:
here is the same generated mesh but in wireframe mode
the image i have used is 4096 x 4096 resolution and the mesh has aproximately 4 million verts (i think that this is not a resolution problem on the mesh).
What can i do to fix this problem. Im stucked with this.
Some other useful information:
- i have used the "smooth corrective" modifier, but it still looking like in the pictures.
- Im using the displacement modifier to build the mesh and this is the settings for the texture:
- this is the modifiers settings:
- this was the "subdivision modifier" settings before apply it:
- all the normals are pointing to the right direction
- i have tried enabling/disabling backface culling.
- i have the subdivision modifier before the displacement modifier.
after adding an extra subsurf before displacement (thanks @susu), i getting this:
Thanks in advance