I recorded a video at 1080x1920px resolution, and wanted to crop this video, by removing a little bit from the top and a lot from the bottom.
I went about it by -
- Importing the video (drag and drop)
- The video was being squished, I managed to fix this by Right clicking on the video -> Movie Strip -> Set Render Size.
- I calculated exactly how many pixels I wanted to crop from the top by clicking on the preview and noting down the readings on the Y axis.
- I then did some basic math and converted the Y axis readings to the appropriate offsets and used the Adjust -> Crop to enter these offsets.
- I then changed the Render dimensions by calculating the difference between the original height and the sum of the offsets.
- Ensured the height is divisible by 2.
This was quite cumbersome. Is there an easier way to do this in Blender? Ideally I would love it if I could just drag a box over the desired area and Blender does all these calculations for me.