EDIT: All green triangles should keep the same shape as the purple triangle. They may not deform in any other way than location and rotation. If I work with modifiers the triangles keep deforming. I also don't want to move all triangles manually. The triangles/blender need(s) to know that the triangles form one structure, connected on the corners.
All help is appreciated. If necessary I'm willing to learn Sverchok or Houdini or any other way to solve this...
old: I want to do the following:
- I model the shape like a i would normally do, the triangles will 'replace' it.
- All of the structure is made of one base triangle, without the triangle being deformed.
- (Only) the corners of the triangles are connected (snap to vertex)
- I can change the scale of the base triangle for more or less detail
- In the end I will replace the triangle for a more complicated object