This question was asked Here but not answered satisfyingly.
I am attaching sample files where I reproduced the issue:
Repro: Using Blender 2.81 (but seems to be broken in all 2.8x releases)
- shift+A and drop an armature or bone.
- translate object around creating a few keys down the timeline
- in NLA editor make keys into a strip
- in a new track create more keys down the timeline
- make these into antoher strip so that you have a stack of two strips on two tracks.
- Now go to Pose > animation > Bake Action.
Expecting: Baked down track to result in the combined animation of both source tracks. Instead it acts weird, if you hide the two source tracks and only play your baked action you'll see it's not right.
2 Sample files are here
- The Rigify file, seems to bake a key on every frame. But if I turn off the base tracks to only play the resulting combined track, you'll see the character just pops back and in the end even disappears somewhere instead of simply returning to origin.
- In the other file I tried it again with a base joint rig, not controls. Same result except this time for me the Bake Action command only bakes the first and last frame even though I have it setup to bake every frame.
Is this broken or am I missing something ?