Hello i was rigging an arm for my game and there's this bug if i rotate my fingers this deformation happens, How can i fix this? This is using automatic weights I tried using other types but it didn't work, I tried redoing the rig but still same bug. What i'm trying to do is not to make the hand move but the fingers, The fingers should move the fingers, not the hand. https://i.stack.imgur.com/eXSjV.jpg
The rigging is bad: Select the armature, shift select the object, switch to Weight Paint mode, then select each bone, you’ll see what part of the mesh they affect. You can see that the first thumb phalanx affects the palm, which is not supposed to do. Some other phalanx also affect the palm.
So you need to:
- Create a bone for the palm itself
- Parent this bone to the last arm bone (Keep Offset mode).
- Parent each first phalanx to this bone (Keep Offset mode).
- In Weight Paint mode, paint the influence of the palm bone (enable the 2D Falloff option to paint through the mesh).
- Also remove all the unnecessary influences.
Now it works fine (don't know why your arm has 3 bones though).