I have tried to use a curve modifier, but this offsets the whole thing which isn't what I want either. I would really appreciate any advice on how to solve this problem. Thanks!
A simple Array modifier will deform your object, so you can use 2 methods:
With Follow Path constraint:
- Give your chair a Follow Path constraint.
- Duplicate your object with AltD (linked duplication), and press Enter so that the copy stays at the exact same position.
- Play with the constraint Offset value to place the copy before or after the original object.
- Create a curve. Put its origin to its beginning point to make it easier.
- Create a plane at the exact same point. This plane will be used as a base for your chair.
- Apply the curve and the plane scales.
- Give the plane an Array modifier, choose Constant Offset or the Relative Offset value, choose the Count value.
- Give the plane a Curve modifier with the curve as Object. The plane should be duplicated along the curve.
- Keep the plane selected and in the Properties panel > Object > Instancing, activate Faces.
- Parent the chair object to the plane, the chair should be duplicated on the planes.
- If you want the chair to stay vertical along the curve, create a single vertex instead of a plane.
- To animate, move the plane on the right axis.