I am a beginner to blender and have somehow managed to hide the property editor in blender. Is there any way I can bring it back? Thanks
Edit: As @Jachym Michal points out, it is possible that the 3d view is maximized - use Ctrl+Space to toggle maximization.
If that does not fix the issue, perhaps you have indeed closed the other editors. All editors can be restored and rearranged as desired.
To add a new space, right-click the border of your existing space.
Then select "Vertical split" and specify the split location by clicking. You will now have a new editor. To change the editor type to properties, click the dropdown at the top-left corner of the editor and select the desired editor type:
There are several ways to get the Property Editor panel back in case it has been closed inadvertently:
Create a new panel and make it a Property Editor:
- Move your mouse to a rounded corner of an editor panel's header e.g. the Outliner.
- When the mouse pointer changes to crosshairs click-drag down (or up or left in case of other panels) to create a new editor panel.
- Now press Shift F7 to make it a Property Editor, or choose Property from the Editor Type drop-down on the upper-left corner on the new editor header.
Load the Factory Settings
- Go to the main menu and choose File > Defaults > Load Factory Settings
- Click Load Factory Settings in the popup that appears
Caution: the second approach will reset any changes you have made to the user interface and the preferences of Blender, but it removes all the beginner tweakings that happened inadvertently.