I have a trapezoid shape and I want to make loop cuts. but the problem is, is I want the loop cuts not to go across the shapes... "normal"? I guess is what you'd call that. How can I get the lines to be evenly spaced out and the gaps between the lines be parallel no matter what the shape is? (Also, I can't use the knife tool because I need to make a lot of lines).
Knife Project is a possibility.. (Illustrated with X across, Y up)..
- EX extrude a long edge horizontally, Shift D duplicate, P part off into a new object.
- X delete the original extrusion, X delete 'Faces Only' of the new object, move up in Z, and tweak its X.
- Header Menu > Mesh > Knife Project the grid down onto a couple of your segments:
Hide the grid...
- Shift D R Z 60 the segments, and Shift R repeat,
- Alt M > 'By Distance' merge double vertices.
or, work under a radial Array modifier, if you've got more symmetrical work to do.