Is there any modifier that allows me to remesh let's say a one selected surface (triangulation)? I'm working on complex boolean objects. The problem when I apply boolean operations the mesh gets nasty at some point and I need to remesh only parts of the resulted boolean. Later, I will use this mesh as an input to another software so I need a clean stl mesh that works for Finite Element. It could help if someone tells me a trick even around it. I would really appreciate your help.
Yes, you can!
- Go into Edit Mode
- Select the messy part of the mesh or just one face
- Press P to separate the selection
- Switch to Object Mode and select the separated mesh
- Use boundary aligned remesh to recalculate a new triangle mesh (boundary verts will be saved to get a good welding with the source mesh)
- In Object Mode CtrlJ join both meshes together again into one layer.
- Go into Edit Mode again and weld them with Merge by Distance.
Voila, you should have a pretty good result now. Optionally smooth it a little bit with "relax" using Relax.
Remesh modifier does not have a function affecting only a specific group of vertices.
A: I don't think it is possible to Remesh only specific object faces.
Quite hard imagine how this "remeshed" part of model (vertex group) would be merged with original. I think it would result with much more artefact on surface - since it will mix two different topologies.