IS it possible in Blender with a simple operation? or do i have to recreate the whole parts to make them collide correctly?
The steps are:
- Create two loop-cuts on the smallest/thinnest part.
- Snap the new loops along the X axis(or whatever axis are appropriate for your mesh) to the mesh you want to merge it with.
- Select the faces your mesh is going through and create an inset face.
- Scale down the new faces and snap the edges into the thin piece.
- When all edges/vertices are overlapping use Alt+M and select "By Distance" to merge overlapping vertices.
- Finish off by either manually selecting and deleting the interior faces or use Select - Select all by trait - Interior faces to select them and delete