How to model a spiral that closes in a circle? Like hair scrunchy. I know how to model simple spiral, but how to round and close?
This can be very easily created by using the Add Curve: Extra Objects add-on.
- Open the preferences (Edit > Preferences)
- Search for Extra Objects and enable Add Curve: Extra Objects by ticking the checkbox.
- Create the spiral object through Add > Curve > Curve Spirals > Torus. Open the Adjust Last Operation panel in the lower left corner and configure the parameters of the curve. The most relevant parameter is the number of turns.
- Give the curve thickness by switching to the Object Data Properties of the curve and increasing the Depth property in the Geometry > Bevel panel.
- Close the gap between the start and end segment of the spiral. Hold Shift and click on the two control points, then press F to close the segment.