Appending/linking the same object with the same metric size from Blender files with different unit scales in Blender 2.8 results in objects of different sizes. It seems, Blender respects only the internal Blender units when appending/linking an object and ignores the unit scale.
Is there a way to force Blender to respect unit scale when appending objects?
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new scene and change the unit scale from 1 to 0.1 in the scene properties.
- Add a default cube with size 2m.
- Save the file and create a new scene.
- In the new scene leave the unit scale at the default setting of 1.
- Append the cube from the other file. The cube will now have a size of 20m. I would have expected it to have a size of 2m.