I have a model of a Rook, after applying a sub div modifier and creasing a few edge loops I am left with these curved edges that form the bridges between the edge loops as shown in the image. Auto smooth is enabled. I want the curvature of the upper edge loop to continue.
- The edge is missing a crease, so the Subdivision Modifier deforms it.
- You've enabled the On Cage option in the modifier panel, which prevents you from noticing it.
- Your model is too low poly, the Subdivision modifier doesn't know which way to curve the edges.
- Add a crease to the edge, or add some loopcuts.
- Disable the On Cage option - it has no benefit here, only hides real geometry.
- Add more geometry, so you can better control the curvature.
Add more geometry.
If you only add loopcuts, you'll need to correct the shape.
It's easier to rebuild the model with more sides.