I am new to Blender. I mainly use it for editing simple models for my own engine. I want to keep the number of draw calls low. So, every time In do the following:
- I merge all meshes into one that has, say, 4 materials.
- I create an empty 5th material.
- I create a second UV map called Atlas.
- I unwrap all faces using smart unwrap to that UV map.
- I create an empty texture and name it Atlas.
- For each material (except for the Atlas one) I create a new image texture node in shading mode, connect it to the Atlas UV map and choose my Atlas texture as source. This texture node is the only selected node.
- I switch to cycles render and bake the diffuse channel.
Now, is there anyone out there who has a script for that? There must be a better or quicker way!
For 50+ models, this can become very annoying...
Cheers and thanks in advance!