I'm trying to make a video similar to this one (Made in Adobe After Effects) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAV5DwR1pU8 But I don't know how to make the circle disappear than reappear with a circular swipe. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
Here is another way using beveled curves:
- Add a Bezier Circle in Object Mode and press Tab to enter Edit Mode.
- With all handles selected press V and select Free.
- Select only one handle and press AltC to open the circle.
- Press ShiftS and choose Cursor to Selected.
- Select the handle on the other side of the opening and press E to extrude and Enter to confirm.
- Press ShiftS, and choose Selection to Cursor (Offset) to move the handle to the other side.
- Rotate the handle by 90 or 270 degress to get a circular shape (R $Axis $Degress), then leave Edit Mode.
- Add a Path in Object Mode. To get a closed slice, scale the Path by
.5. Otherwise, <
Select the Bezier Circle again. Under Curve Properties - Geometry - Bevel Object select the name of the newly added Path (e.g. NurbsPath).
To animate the slice use the Start and End values (Geometry - Bevel Factor).
This should be the result (animated scale of the Path, Start and End values of the Bevel Factor):
Another way could be using the Array Modifier together with the Curve Modifier to get some line effects (similar to the reference you provided).
Starting from a Bezier Circle and a Plane in the same spot, add both modifiers to the Plane. You can play with the scale of the Plane, count and offset of the Array Modifier to get different effects.
Here some examples:
you can do it by adding a plane and merge the top and buttom vertex whith each other
then scale it is the depth of the circle you want and move it away from the origin point
then add a screw modifier and increase the number of steps to something like 50 and check flip if the normal is flipped
then make the angle 0 and go to frame one and press I when you are over the angle icon
then go to frame 20 and make the angle 360 and press I while you are over it
then split your windows into 2 taps and convert one into graph editor select all by A+A and press V and select vector to make the animation constant
play you animation by ctrl+A and you will see it.