How I can distort image(movie clip) from rectangle coords to polar? Maybe I can do it in Node Editor or whatever? I need to replace pixels from XY to Angle R. But how I can do it? Thank you.

  • $\begingroup$ Please at least upload an image to show what the "polar" means to be exact. $\endgroup$ – Leon Cheung Nov 14 '14 at 5:02

You can try using a texture node to perform a uv distort on the image by applying the blend texture radial. otherwise you would have to distort the real uv unwrap or possibly use a modifier to distort a mapped mesh in 3d view.

EDIT: So I imported this plane into Blender as Add > Mesh > Images As Planes Then add an empty and clear the location of both "alt G" Select the image plane and add 2 modifiers. 1. Subsurf, use simple, increase divisions to 6 2. Add a simple Deform modifier set to Bend. 3. Set Origin as Empty, then enter Deform Angle as 360 deg. 4. alter empty location if required. enter image description here

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.