I want to add a plane or a box laying on top of the other box or boxes. Like tabletop resting on table legs.
In some of the cad or 3d modelling tools I can turn on vertices snapping, and add a box mesh by "drawing" a base rectangle and extruding it.
To replicate simmilar behaviour in Blender I use the following method:
- move 3d cursor to one of the faces
- add plane, edit it to remove all edges except one vertex
- extrude that vertex with snapping turned on to one of the other vertices, which I want to allign to
- extrude that edge, with vertex snapping to create a plane quad
- extrude quad to create box
- (optional) move origin
Is there a way to do that with less hassle? A plugin for instance to add objects by "dragging" them with snapping?