I'm new here and to Blender. Thanks in advance for help.
I'm trying to make a UV map, and some of the vertices (UVs?) are black and some are red. After searching online I found out that I should use Alt + P (unpin) to fix this, but when I tried that it didn't work.
- selecting everything and using Alt + P
- selecting everything and using Unpin from the UV dropdown menu
- checking and unchecking the Clear box in the Pin window
- changing the mesh and retrying the above
- adding more seams and retrying the above
- unwrapping the UV map again
- deleting the old UV map and unwrapping map again
But the red vertices are still there. What can I do to unpin them? And if I can't unpin them, will it be a problem later?
Only some of my objects are like this. The simpler objects (eyeballs, for example) work fine and I can easily pin and unpin the UV vertices.