I am trying to model a cake in blender, specifically, the "string of pearls" on a wedding cake. The curved line of pearls in this image:
Using an array modifier and a few curve deforms, I have been able to create a single strand of pearls. The process I followed is this:
- Create a sphere for the pearl
- Create a bezier circle of the radius of the loop (Circle A)
- Create a bezier circle of the radius of the cake (Circle B)
- Give the pearl an array modifier and parent it to Circle A with a curve deformer.
- Parent the pearl to Circle B with another curve deformer.
Now if I try to add another array modifier, to the pearls, I get a new set of pearls above the cake and can't find a way to reposition it, or get them to follow the cake. If I add an array modifier to Circle B and parent it to Circle A, I get the circle going around the cake, but no pearls.
How can I duplicate this "loop" around the cake?