Hi Blender StackExchange, can you help? I'm currently trying to create glass from a solid object by turning transmission up to 1.0. The rendered image I'm getting is a solid dark grey and not transparent at all. Thank you.
So "this just works" when rendering with Cycles, but Eevee requires a bit more setup.
Try the following settings:
- Render → Screen Space Reflections ON
- Render → Screen Space Reflections → Refraction ON
- Material → Surface → Principled BSDF → Transmission 1.000
- Material → Surface → Principled BSDF → Roughness [Cycles Only]
- Material → Settings → Blend Mode OPAQUE [or ADDITIVE]
- Material → Settings → Screen Space Refraction ON
- Material → Settings → Refraction Depth PLAY WITH IT
You can also check out the documentation for:
You should get something like this in Render Mode, I didn't have the patience to model a teacup, so the default cube is all you get :)