I have just created a water fountain with a water simulation creating the water sprouting out. I would like to Animate the camera around the water fountain while it is flowing water from its sprout. I have tried key framing all the movements but they do not register, and I just end up with a stationary shot of the fountain sprouting water. Can anyone help with how to set this up to work, or point me to a video on the technique.
The easiest way to control a camera is to use a curve object:
- Create a Curve object and modify it as you like. This will be the path where the camera will move
- On the camera create a Follow Path constraint, set the curve as the Target, and you might want to tick the Fixed Position checkbox
- To make it easier to control the camera direction, create a new empty (I like the sphere one)
- Add a Track To constraint on the camera and set the empty as Target. The orientation is To: -Z and Up: Y
- To animate, create 2 keyframes on the Offset slider in the Follow Path constraint
This way, when you change the Offset value the camera will move on the path, and it will always look at the empty. In your case, put the empty on the water simulation and shape the path as a spiral around it to get a beautiful cinematic camera animation. (The empty can be animated as well if you want)