I'm dropping a bunch of coins onto the floor. I want to export a single object consisting of one mesh and and one armature with one keyframed action for use in Unity.
I have successfully converted a single coin from simulated rigidbody to animated armature. The process was as follows:
- Add rigidbody modifier to coin.
- Apply rigidbody constraint - 'copy transform' to single bone armature, targeting coin object.
- Bake the action to the armature.
- Remove the rigidbody from the coin.
- Parent the coin to the armature.
However, I need a (relatively) large number of coins. Say somewhere between 32-128. Each of the coins needs to be keyframe animated by its own bone in a shared armature.