I tried to make this pattern using metaball particles inside volume. But couldn't acheive this pattern. DO you know how can I generate a mesh with this porous structure ?
In a regular triangulation of a regular quad topology, vertices connect six edges, and its Dual is a hexagonal mesh..
So as @Leander has hinted in the commentary ..
- Install the shipped 'Tissue' Add-on
- CtrlT or use the modifier to triangulate the mesh
- Use one of the Add-on's 'Dual' operations.
The regions of the mesh which were quad grids will become hexagonal grids.
You could do it this way:
- Start with a 6 vertices circle to create this module.
- Duplicate it with the Snap and Auto-Merge options activated.
- Begin to twist and scale it in Edit mode withe the Proportional Editing option on.
- Also sculpt it, the SculptDraw brush seems good, with an Autosmooth value of 1.