Just a quick question. Is it possible to somehow remesh plane? I have a logo that needs to be curved along an object. So I import the SVG logo and convert it to the mesh. But the plane has a bad distribution of polygons and verteces so when I use the shrink wrap modifier it breaks in some of the parts. The remesh modifier looks to work only on models with some thickness. I ended up manualy clean the mesh, but wanted to find a faster way. Beautify faces helped in one of four cases.
For this kind of work I would use the RobinBetts© method:
- Import your svg, convert to mesh, simplify with X > Limited Dissolve.
- Create a plane in front of your object, subdivide it vertically (probably more that what I've done in my screenshot). Delete the faces of this plane to keep only the edges.
- Use the Knife Tool project to project these vertical edges on your object.
- Give some corrections to your object so that it has a non-too messy topology.
- Bend it, it has what it needs in terms of vertical edges to bend nicely.