I have recently experienced two Blender functions randomly stop working, then later start working again with no apparent reason. These functions I use daily and they worked fine for weeks before I first experienced this issue. Even now they do work most of the time. I am 99% sure I do nothing that could normally cause this to happen: no settings changed, no modifier added, ect. When they stop working/start working again, I do nothing differently than when everything works fine. The functions are:
Snapping (to vertex). When snap to vertex stopped working I found that:
- only increment works, snap to anything else doesn't,
- saving and restarting Blender/computer did not help,
- when I continued working after snapping stopped, after about 10-15 minutes snapping started to work again with no apparent reason.
- saving, starting a new default scene and appending the object I was working on did help: snapping worked again. Saving, then opening the original scene and appending back the object worked: snapping worked, but stopped working again after a short time.
Custom keyboard shortcut.
- I set "0" to toggle edit/object mode and it worked fine for weeks. When it randomly stopps working I can still go into edit/object mode by clicking on the toolbar buttons, but the key "0" does nothing. I checked my keyboard and it worked.
- When I continued working after keyboard shortcut function stopped, after some minutes it started to work again with no apparent reason.
I use Blender 2.70
My questions are:
- Has anybody experienced the same thing and found a way to solve it?
- Is this issue known? (I searched and found one single person experiencing the same issue, reporting it to developers, but when he tried to reproduce the problem, it wasn't there...)
- What happens when a bug can not be reproduced although it obviousely exists? (I somewhat understand the need that a bug should be possible to reproduce before it is being taken care of, but surely there is a way of handling bugs that by nature can not be reproduced, since they seem to randomly come and go?)