I imagine this has come up before, and I am happy to have this question deleted (if I cannot do so myself):
When rendering smoke in EEVEE, the domain renders, rather than just the smoke. My steps for setting up the scene:
- Create Domain cube
- Select starting cube as Flow
- Save file, then bake Cache.
- Select Domain and apply Principled Volume material
- Make sure that Volumetrics lighting effects (Volumetrics Lighting, Volumetrics Shadow) are switched on.
- Switch to Render mode in Viewport to make sure scene results look appropriate what is desired.
Render mode shows that scene looks to render smoke appropriately, yet when I choose to make a final Image Render, all I get is the domain cube rather than the smoke.
Am I missing a step? What exactly am I missing?
I have followed multiple different video tutorials, though some are out-dated (including the Volumetrics check-box which no longer appears in the stable release).
--- Blend File Attachment ---