I extracted a part of a body to buid some clothing from (Unity UMA). The original body was perfectly UV'd. Since I want to cover a part of the neck by my shirt I added one row of rectangles from the neck to the torso by removing the neck seam and extending the shoulder seam. Once I redo the UV mapping (unwrap), the UV map is messed up. Triangles overlap and exceed the map range. Pictures before and after uv unwrapping
- I doublechecked the seams, they are without any gap.
- I even added an additional, obviously not necessary seam at the neck end.
- I reseted the UV before.
- I removed the seams and reapply.
- I removed the seams and cut along shoulder and side like reat shirts.
- I removed all material from the mesh.
The result is the same, ot at least it's always a messed up UV map.
I'm quite sure I missed any simple step, an expert will shake it's head about. All tutorials just apply the seams and get a perfect mesh immediately. But I'm stuck and out of any idea to solve the issue.