I am trying to turn this logo into a 3d model, but no matter how I try i cant really figure it out. I am quite new to blender, so excuse my lack of knowledge, but i first tried adding shapes above the image (reference) and trying to re-create it. I came to an issue though with the curves. I was able to manage the circles in the middle, but the other curves, I cant figure out. How do I create "curved" objects such as the ones in the logo so that I can pretty much recreate the logo.
If you try to recreate the shape, you should begin this way:
- Load your image as a background in the 3D view N panel.
- As your logo is made of concentric circles, create a circle and extrude it inwards.
- Delete all the useless faces.
- Create some new circles for the rest of the shape.
- Again, delete the useless faces, then join the meshes with some merges (altM).
- Move some edges to stick to the logo shape.
- Now you need to extrude on the Z axis to give your shape some thickness, create bevel, give it a Subdivision Surface modifier, etc.