I have been trying for way too long now to have a shape composed of a bunch of cubes struck by another larger rectangle type object. After surveying a ton of tutorials and the entirety of the literature on stack exchange regarding this problem, I am still stuck. Here is the issue.
The ensemble of cubes is free floating (not dynamic) and needs to maintain that property until struck. No matter my settings for the animated and dynamic key frames, I either end up with:
- Cubes falling before struck
- No collision occurring (they simply overlap, as if they aren't rigid bodies)
- A dramatic though entertaining explosion of the cubes
Here are all of the different things I've tried (with no success):
- Manipulating the Enable Deactivation and Start Deactivated options (for all possible combinations of the colliding and collided with objects)
- Changing from convex hull to mesh
- Animating the animated and dynamic key frames (for both and neither) and simply testing them when on and off
- Fiddling with the collision margin and margin
I cannot seem to get this to work. I don't know what pictures to post because I've tried so many different solutions (and I don't know which wrong solution will give the most insight to the community). I will use Blend-Exchange to upload the file. Please help it would be much appreciated! This is my first ever created blend file and I want it to work!!
EDIT: Unfortunately, Blend-Exchange is having an issue uploading my blend file ("error uploading") so I am unsure what to do now
EDIT: Perhaps this will work (using PasteAll): http://pasteall.org/blend/index.php?id=51817