Blender 2.80 now includes the glTF-Exporter addon, but due to some limitations, I would like to test the latest version of glTF-Blender-IO from here:
The instructions for installing on the glTF-Blender-IO page are light on detail. Here's what I tried:
- download the .zip and extract.
- I'm on a Mac. Went to blender installation in Applications, and added these directories: scripts/addons/
- from the extracted download, copied: addons/io_scene_gltf2 to the new directory in the Blender installation.
- In Blender, open Edit : Preferences, Add-ons:
- with all addons visible [Official, Community & Testing are all enabled], search for 'gltf'. The one I see is probably the one installed with Blender. Testing verifies this.
- assuming I need to install the new addon, in Addons panel, click: Install... and navigate to: /Applications/blender-2.80.0/scripts/addons
From here, I have attempted to 'Install addon from file...' from several places in the subtree without success.
Any assistance would be appreciated.