How do I get the Principled BSDF shader to display the base color alpha as transparency or without using nodes?
Most of the questions seek to interpret the alpha channel of an image texture as transparent, but my context is simpler: the Base Color of the Material has 0.3 alpha.
Yet, the object is not transparent in either the editor, the render (cycles or evee), but it is actually exported in collada.
Without success, I have tried:
- Setting the base color alpha -> does carry out to a collada export, but is not transparent in the editor
- Changing the Blend Mode -> does not carry out to a collada export
- Changing the viewport display -> only displays as transparent in solid mode
Using nodes I've tried
- Setting the transmission value -> doesn't do anything
- Changing to Glossy or Glass -> doesn't carry out to collada
I think that's all I tried. I did get it to work in the render, but I do need it to carry out to a collada export.
The transparency of the base color is ignored in the rendering and the editor. Is there a way to display it in the render or the editor like Blender displays the viewport display alpha?