I used to know this term but I haven't thought about it in over a year, so I completely forgot about what it's called. The term refers to using the shrink-wrap modifier to maker a new mesh over an old one to change the amount of vertices when the old one has too many?

  • $\begingroup$ retopology? I'm not sure shrinkwrap is always the best way to retopologize though $\endgroup$
    – moonboots
    Apr 14 '19 at 20:14
  • $\begingroup$ Ya thats it. Is there a better way to retopology? $\endgroup$
    – Bpbutcher
    Apr 14 '19 at 20:52
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ @Bpbutcher please ask this as a new question. $\endgroup$
    – user1853
    Apr 15 '19 at 1:45

I think you're referring to Retopology. And yes, in Blender the Shrinkwrap modifier is commonly used in combination with other modifiers to perform retopology.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.