Does Blender have anything like Maya's (and, perhaps, C4D's) cluster deformer – the ability to group vertices and assign degrees of influence from the cluster parent to subsets of vertices in the cluster?

You can assign vertices to a vertex group and weight paint them accordingly, but what would be the analogue of the cluster parent here? A non-deforming bone?


It sounds to me like you're looking for the Hook modifier.

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Thanks, Fweeb, very helpful. Was thinking hooks might be the way to go, but didn't remember they were a modifier. $\endgroup$ – Zlyxian Mar 29 '19 at 23:07

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.