I would like to edit my imported SVG file with a Curve Modifier. However, the bottom line of my g does not match the rounding of the circle and on closer inspection this problem occurs with every letter. Unfortunately the problem cannot be solved by adding more curve points to the file or by increasing the resolution of the curve file. My question now would be whether there is a possibility to easily adapt the SVG file to a circle without having to convert it to a mesh? Attached you'll find the blender file v2.79b - https://we.tl/t-7ijI7Ads1S
I don't think you can achieve this if your logo is a curve, I guess you need to convert it to a mesh, so:
- Delete the Curve modifier.
- Convert your curve to mesh with an altC > Mesh from Curve.
- To clean your mesh, go in Edit mode and press X > Limited Dissolve.
- Now as your mesh is supposed to bend you need to give it back a higher topology, you'll use the Remesh modifier (maybe there's a better way though).
- Extrude your mesh with E.
- Give it the Remesh modifier with Octree Depth > 8 and deactivate Remove Disconnected Pieces.
- Apply the modifier. Now you have a high poly. Only keep the top surface.
- You can give your object a Curve modifier with the curve as Object. It works.