I have copied the 3 meshes on the left (that I created using loopcuts on the "Surface" and placed them onto the right. Now they are lying on the "Surface" at the right end. I would like to simply subtract the 3 copied meshes from the "Surface" they are laying on in order to create 3 holes (doors). How can I do that? As usual, thanks a lot in advance. You are my saviours.
You could do it with some cuttings, duplicate and snaps, but maybe the simplest ways is to use the Knife Project tool:
- Separate your 3 faces with P (Separate) > Selection. Now your 3 faces are a separate object.
- Select this object, then the main object, and go in Edit mode
- Switch to Ortho Front View.
- In the Tools panel, click on the Knife Project button. You've created 3 faces. You can delete the faces in order to create doors.
- You may want to use the knife with Z (cut through) and C (cut orthogonally) options activated to create additional edge loops.