Anyone know of any scripts or tutorials to create a new falloff type? I'm thinking something along a sine wave.

Here's a screenshot. I've got a lattice attached to a text, and I want to add a sinusodial falloff to modify the mesh.

enter image description here

  • $\begingroup$ Please explain more fully your question. Do you have a screen capture or diagram or a texture that might illustrate your goals? $\endgroup$ – atomicbezierslinger Nov 29 '18 at 3:22

enter image description here

Warp Modifier with Texture of your choice including sinusoidal.

There exists three or more modifiers that are relevant.

  • the wave modifier
  • the warp modifier which can take a texture such as a sine texture.

  • the displace modifier

Other techniques

  • weight painting and weight modifiers
  • texture to affect modifiers

enter image description here

Above is the warp modifier in action. Rather plain ... no texture.

enter image description here

Closeup Fall Off with texture. Image Above.

enter image description here

Warp Modifier with Wood Sine Texture. Image above.

The warp modifier produces results similar to user gestures of

proportional editing.

The blue cube has a high vertex density. The from and to are animated in rotation.

enter image description here enter image description here

Results of the wave modifier. Sinusoidal influence. Image Above.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.