I'm trying to wrap a plane around the stl of a city, in order to obtain a watertight geometry from a poorly defined base file.
Shrinkwrap is pretty awesome for that, but I'd like to improve it further and be able to smooth the jaggy edges I get, see pics below:
Does anyone know a trick to improve the quality a bit ? Here is what I've tried:
- Increasing subdivision helps but does not completely solves the jaggyness
- Smoothing did not work well
- I tried projecting back with additionnal shrinkwraps horizontally with distance limiter but it wasn't robust at all...
- Rhino has a drape tool that does this with a nurbs approach but I couldn't find any equivalent in blender.
- Other CAD packages have the ability to "snap" to a surface, which might solve the issue, but I could not find anything equivalent in Blender.