my question is this, can I generate a displacement map from a 3d image, I have a 3d photo, or 2d stereo pair photos, so I've Not found any softwares or method to create a bump specular diplacement maps.

Can You help me ? thanks

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ I am not sure if I understand your question correctly. If you alreads have found a software, what should we help you with? In general it is possible to calculate depth from stereo images, but even if you know the orientation and position of the cameras this is a rather complicated task and might not give you perfect results. And I don't think Blender can help you much here, except if you want to model the contents of the image by hand. $\endgroup$
    – maddin45
    Jun 13, 2014 at 9:38
  • $\begingroup$ No the problem is that I've not found any software, sorry for error I fix soon as possible $\endgroup$
    – LXG
    Jun 13, 2014 at 10:25
  • $\begingroup$ Ok, now your question makes sense ;) But as I said, in theory you can reconstruct those parts of your scene that are visible in both images, but it is very hard to calculate and Blender has no built-in tools for that. $\endgroup$
    – maddin45
    Jun 13, 2014 at 11:47

1 Answer 1


Looks like there's a program called Photosculpt that does what you want. Here's a link to their site. And here's a Youtube video of their software in action. There's a free trial and several price points, the cheapest of which is 139 Euros for an individual license.

Basically, you give it two photos of the same thing from slightly different angles and it spits out actual geometry as well as a normal map.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .