I've installed the DirectX export addon (found here). I'm exporting an object with armature animation but it's not working how I expect it to and the documentation isn't helpful (See this question).
Since the addon is just a Python script, is there a way to set a breakpoint in the code and step through the exporter script like a debugger? I've looked a this similar question but running the Blender interactive Python console, I can't set my export options for the exporter, so it fails when I try to run the 'export' command.
I'm hoping there's something like the following:
- Open Blender normally (by double-clicking the Blender shortcut on my desktop)
- Enable some sort of Python debugging mode
- Open the file I'd like to export.
- Click File > Export > DirectX
- Choose my export options and filename
- Click Export DirectX
- Blender brings me into a code window showing the exporter script and it's paused on the first line, waiting for me to step through the code.