Of course, objects can be arrayed along a curve, but I was wondering if there was a way to array them along a series of faces. I'm gonna be adding details to my Titanic model, and I'm wanting to array objects along the hull and walls, but most of them are curved (at least slightly) so a straight array just won't do.
You can use the Shrinkwrap Modifier to the curve, but if you are planing to add details to a mesh you already have, I'll recommend to:
- Tab enter edit mode, chose edge select, select the edges
- shift+D duplicate it, then press P separate selected.
- With this you'll have made a new object copy of the selected edges.
- tab to go back object mode, select the new object, and convert it to a curve
- AltC curve from mesh.
- You can also use parent object, on the property panel select verts on the parent object ,"the curve or the line you chose".