I've disabled all objects except the camera and hit F12 to do a quick render.
Blender takes 45 seconds just to draw a blue screen.
In my user preferences my 2011 GeForce card is enabled.
Why so long? How do I improve this please?
If this information helps, maybe some other setting is wrong, because my Cycles Renderer looks fine in the 3D window:
but my Blender Renderer looks completely wrong, turning my green hairy plane orange. And when trying to F12 with it it just draws a grey screen instantly with no world background color.
I've done all these tips to bring down render speed:
- in render options - light paths set bounces from 0 to 4
- change dimension - resolution - to 50%
- performance - change tile size to 256
- shading - disable ray tracing
- world - disable ambient occlusion
- light paths - disable shadows
- render - sampling - reduce to 8 from 128
That takes rendering nothing from 45 seconds to 5 seconds. But I want it to be almost instant. I have to render an animation that's thousands of frames long and it's just a simple cube moving across the screen.
I tried making a similar animation in three.js and it draws things pretty much instantly in real time in my web browser. I don't understand why Blender is being so slow :(