When I comb hair on the scalp, the hair gets pushed into the mesh leaving "bald spots".
STEPS TO CORRECT:
- I used puff to bring hair above the mesh and stand straight up but issue repeats whenever I comb the hair, even if I do not comb directly against the scalp.
- I tried flipping the normals of the problem areas but it just deforms the mesh.
- I selected both "Free Edit" and "Disconnect All" and tried a redo on separate occasions and have the same problem.
- I moved my particle edit up and down in my modifier stack.
- I made sure I am not in Particle Edit when rendering.
- I lessened the strength of the comb tool to .299
- I changed the Children from Interpolated to Simple
I tried searching the net and this forum for similar issues. It seems this has been a problem for some years but most answers are guesses (which lead me to the corrective issues above).
Does anyone know why this happens and/or how to fix it? Thanks in advance.