I've been trying to find a way to make lumpy things like in the example image. My attempt looks bad, how can I make this?
You can do it this way (well in my example my salad looks like cheese but it's just a bit of displacements):
- Create a circle and extrude it several times to make several concentric circles.
- Give it a Solidify and a Subdivision Surface modifier. Press Smooth in the T panel.
- Drag down the external circles of your mesh.
- Extrude down some of the peripheral vertices.
- Add Cube and make it the size you want the grass to be
- Add Loop cuts with CTRL+R
- Add a Subsurf Modifier
- Drag the vertice of the middle loop cut
- Dissolve the edges as shown in the image
- If done, apply the modifier
- Select the faces you want for each color
- Press CTRL+P to make a mesh from selection
- Apply the desired material to your mesh