I have a problem that when I apply a SubSurf modifier to my project, it has some starring and messy edges around the connection of my spheres. My goal is to have a string of "bubbles" which are smooth. I would also like to be able to rig them under one armature. The seams for UV unwrapping should be able to be placed where the spheres connect. I have used a Boolean modifier to merge the spheres. The problem I am having is that when I try to smooth out the spheres, starring occurs at the top and bottom of them. I have tried using loop cuts, the smooth option in the tools menu, and starting with a high-poly model, but none of that worked for me.
Here is an example of the starring:
Here is how the spheres should connect (Please ignore the starring and high-poly count):
And here is a download to what I would like to end up smoothing out: http://www.mediafire.com/file/e6xeb5i74ii2t79/BugZHugSave3.blend1
If you have questions, please ask.