I am seeing a strange behavior with Blender. Let me explain the detailed workflow of what I do.
- I use OBS studio to record my screen and audio. The output is produced in mp4 file.
- I edit the video in blender.
- Final step render the video to produce the final output.
The steps are pretty easy. Everything was working till now and suddenly I am seeing blender is rendering blank video with audio (Preview works just fine). There is no picture at all, its just dark black video. I tried few options and here is the observation
- It is happening with videos recorded recently (there was no change in the obs configuration though)
- If I render the raw video in after effects/handbrake etc and use that file in blender to render the video again, it still doesn't work.
- Old videos are rendering without any problems.
Update: The problem was occurring due to change in Output Quality setting. I changed it from "Lossless" > "Perceptually lossless".