is there a way to get the dimensions (bounding-box scale) of a selected part of a mesh? Right now I have to do the following steps to get that information:
- duplicate the selected part of the mesh
- part it
- switch to object mode
- select the new object
- finally read the dimension in the right bar
- delete the object (cause I don't need it anymore)
- select the other object again
- switch back to edit mode to continue work ...
Since I have to do this very often I would welcome a shortcut or something ...
EDIT: the addon presented here comes close to what I'm looking for. Unfortunately the panel closes every time I change the selection and has to be reopened via menu ... Many thanks