I am new both with blender software and in the forum (btw I am spanish, sorry for my english)
I have to do a gas simulation for a science project with blender. I need to create a box, and create some "molecule" particles inside. Until here I don't have problems. But then I have to make the particles move all around the box:
- moving in a linear way each one in a random direction.
- colliding and bouncing with the box, without friction
- colliding between them
- in every collision, the consequent rotation.
I am trying as hard as I can, but I always have these major problems:
- gravity is messing everything up. Particles have to move randomly, and in linear way, gravity induces curvature in the movement, and that's critical at the first frames.
- I cannot make them collide both with the box and between them. Only one or the other...
- Also I am having some problems in lighting, even with few particles it is taking too much time to render.
- I made a sphere where the particles are emitted (in order to shoot them in all directions) but when I render, the sphere always appears, I set the material only with transparency.
Finally, if you want, I link you here a youtube video wich reflects what I want to do (but improving the video quality) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzkOoSG8YKI
Thank you so much for your attention.