I want to change a relaxed posed rigged character to a T pose. But a new complication arises when the character has both weight and a deform cage.
For modifying the rest pose without MeshDeform I do this:
1) In “Object Mode” select your deformed mesh.
2) In the Object Modifiers stack, copy the “Armature Modifier” by pressing the “Copy” button.
3) Press "Apply" in the top one, but keep the bottom one.
4) Repeat steps 1 and 2 for all mesh.
5) Select your armature and go in “Pose Mode”.
6) In the “Pose” menu “Apply Pose as Rest Pose”
7) Select your armature and go in “Object Mode”.
8) Apply rotation and scale & Apply location.
9) Same for all the mesh.
If you do that with both system as soon as you copy one the mesh flies off or the cage flies off.
I don't know what to do and what order to do it when you have a mesh deform cage and it is also rigged with weights for the fingers and hands.
So what steps must I take to create a new rest pose?