Here's a problem that has been puzzling me for months. I took The time to investigate further this time and decided to ask here in case anybody encountered that kind of behavior.
When I'm painting the bump maps on that mesh, trying to create pores, the alpha brush is more likely gonna scrape off the skin instead of digging small holes. The gradient also seems to be very arsh even though it looks smooth on the UV map.
At first I thought simply tuning everything down with a math node (or strenght etc) will dial it back a bit but I'm loosing lots of details.
The next picture is a simple UV sphere on which I used THE EXACT SAME material to show the difference. (Same UV, same settings etc)
So now, the things I have determined and tried
-The brush is correctly configured to work with It
-Cleared ALL the other materials on the mesh
-Tried to unwrap on a better resolution (no difference)
It looks like the dynamic range is crippled someway
But this one is smoother
I'll be very happy to hear if anyone has an idea of how this happens.